Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Haystack


I spent an amazing two weeks at Haystack Mountain School of Crafts on Deer Isle in Maine studying mold making with Benjamin Schulman. Experimenting with rubber and plaster molds I had the opportunity to cast with clay, resin and chocolate. I have come to realize that mold making is an art of its own. The process is much more time intensive than I had envisioned, however the possibilities that molds provide make it all worth it. I see a lot of potential for integrating molds into my work. Who knows this might be the beginning of a whole new journey...

During these two weeks I have also fallen in love with polaroids. Somehow they are able to capture the essence of a moment better than any other picture.

1 comment:

katy said...

this school sounds really amazing!
you do truly beautiful work...i've just been admiring your shop on etsy!